Monday, March 22, 2010

Racquet Story

Two years back I visited one of my relatives in California for a two days trip. We got up late in the morning as we roamed around and reached home late every single day of my stay. I decided to buy a reasonable rate tennis Racquet from California before starting to my place. Our plan was screwed up as we had no time in the morning to pay a visit to any nearby shop. I didn't even have time to get ready; I rushed in the car, exceeded speed limits and hurried to the airport to catch my flight at 12.15P.M. My tension hyped on seeing the long queue in the airport security check. I spent close to 30-40 minutes in the checks and formalities. I finally reached the boarding area at 11.45 a.m. People were dwelling in the flight and when my turn came, the flight attendant announced all seats in the aero plane was full and there was no more seats left in the flight. I was shocked to hear this message. The flight entrance door closed and I stood there watching the flight take off. I quickly moved to the help desk to inquire why I got bumped out. I saw couple others asking the same question to the attendant. As there was an error in the booking system the flight got overbooked. Since the mistake was on the airways side, they paid us a gift voucher of $300 and also arranged tickets for our destination flights through different airlines and routes. I got a ticket to MN via Las Vegas and my flight time was at 9.45 P.M, which means I had to wait for about eight hours in the airport. I quickly called my relatives in CA to pick me up from the airport. I had my lunch and in the evening we visited Costco to get the tennis racquet. After having dinner I headed back to the airport with my racquet in one hand. My aunt and uncle teased me by saying that I just got bumped out of the plane to only get my tennis racquet. I was not sure why things favored me so much to purchase a tennis racquet from CA. However in today's match I realized my racquet was growing old and it was high time to get it changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment