Saturday, February 6, 2010

No poles

Till yesterday night I was in a dilemma to choose between tennis and skiing. I wanted to step in both but I was little concern about my health, finally landed up with Skiing. I have heard a lot about aftermath of skiing but believe me if you know the techniques to ski, it is one of the most pleasurable winter sport. From my last year's skiing experience I had decided not to try steep hills until I got a hold of stopping and controlling the speed using the ski. I was lucky for attending the free session taken by Mr.Jason in the morning. He taught us about side and duck walks. He also tutored us how to ski without using poles, take turns and how to stop. One thing I definitely have to mention here is the involvement he had in his job. Any free sessions taken by a tutor in India will always end up saying if you want to learn more enroll with me and here goes my business card etc. In India free sessions are quite often considered one of the marketing strategies to attract large customers. Free sessions in India are considered to give a bite of the huge sum course, so that people after attending the session might get interested to join the course. But things are different in U.S, one can see peak amount of dedication combined with no monetary interest in such free lessons.

After the free lessons we were all set to ski on our own. I only focused on turns, as quite often I see people blocking the down slope and I land up falling or dashing them as I am not familiar with swift turns which could avoid such crashes. I had issues putting pressure on one leg and leaving the other one casually. Anyway later I stopped trying turns and only focused on skiing straight. There were two emergency cases in our skiing area. It frightened me a bit while trying for the second skiing level as I had a terrible experience of scratching my right eye at the same level. I tried only 3-4 times in the second level but skied several times in the first level. I am elated to say that I skied the whole day without using the poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment