Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Midnight oil

I loved today's evening meeting. I thought my manager fitted perfectly for his role today. He had a control over time, his speech had timely slots for wits and he had amazing messages to the entire group. His voice was loud and he also sounded very confident. From the beginning of his presentation I noticed he had tremendous trust in the team. I have never seen such an amount of curiosity in him to know his fellow mates. His presentation was very well organized. He had an open acceptance to one of the valid suggestion given by one of our friends. He was very clear about what he expected out of each one of us. He also stated how each one of us should take accountability in our jobs. There was a smooth transition between the manager's talk. After being a member of toastmasters for about a year, I now have the habit of counting the fillers when a speech is presented. I did count the number of "aa" and um's in the presentation.

One interesting slide from his presentation was about the correlation among ambition, capability and discipline. His message gives me a green signal to drive towards my ambition by honing my capabilities with the right exertion of self discipline. He mentioned about burning the midnight oil to keep our goals vivid.

Undoubtedly his messages were a great take away for most of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment