Monday, February 22, 2010

Consistency

Yet another singles match in the late evening. My opponent looked very cool. I believe ours was the first match to start. In the first set I kept hitting on the doubles line and absolutely had no control at the start of the match. I have lost the habit of playing singles after mixed doubles USTA league. I am now more used to placing the balls in the tramlines. I gave many free points and finally got bit pressurized at the end of the match. My opponent had a consistent angled strokes and a strong volley. Every shot of hers were placed brilliantly. I really had a tough time covering the corners. I gave many straight rallies but her rallies were much tweaked. I found her to be a consistent cross court player. She had lots of hope and smile till the end of the match. My match was very thrilling and I loved playing against an opponent who had been associated with USTA for 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment