Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life Knot

10th of some month some year back my parents got their knots tied. Don't know why I am missing my parents a lot for the past one week. Thought of dedicating today’s blog to them. To tell the truth from my parents wedding, I view marriage as a tie up between two people who have controversial opinion or mismatch in personal interest. Following is a gamut of differences between my parents:

One was a pure vegetarian and one is a lover of non-vegetarian food
One loves to cook and other hates being in kitchen
One is extremely studious and other is extraordinarily creative
One is health conscious and other admires consuming oily and spicy food
One has no rules to follow and other is completely driven by principles
One is punctual and other has no value for time
One worries a lot about everything in life and other is ultra cool
One is calculative and other is spendthrift

Besides the controversies my parents did have some commonalities such as:

both of them love to explore and learn new things
both are primarily attached to their parents and siblings
both are strong in their decisions
both of them are imbibed with "do not give up" attitude
both of them are very hyperactive in doing things which they love the most

As a kid I was bit confused whose path should I follow as I always had two choices in front of me. I was not clear whom should I satisfy my mother or my father. I always took advantage of one over the other based on the scenario say for example if I scored less in one subject I would take the signature from the most coolest member in my family. If I needed money for my college trip I would demand fund from the most generous parent. This way I kept my relationship strong between my parents.

I love both my parents equally for setting as an example of living together in spite of several conflicts. It is commonly said "A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife". Not sure what my dad is worrying about and not sure what my mother stopped to bother, after their marriage. I am just hoping that both of them are only thinking of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment