Monday, January 11, 2010

Scary But

We generally think we have lots of concentration while driving but we are actually risking someone’s life on road. Believe me I always considered myself as an awesome two wheeler rider. I talk non-stop to my mother when I am with her no matter where, be it on the road, be it be on the kinetic Honda or be it be on the bus. Only after this incident I started avoiding distractions during driving. As usual I was taking to my mother for some shopping I kept talking to her while driving, I got so involved in the conversation that at one point I forgot to turn on the indicator/wave my hand while taking the right turn. The vehicle from behind collided with mine and my mother fell down unconscious. She got a scratch on her knees and a minor fracture on her hand. From then on I am bit careful when it comes to driving.

I don't even call my friends when I know for sure that they are driving. I call someone else who is riding along with my friend. I got into trouble with this approach too. Once it so happened I kept calling my friends friend and she got angry on me for not considering her as a close friend and approaching her friend for everything. I had a hard time explaining things to her. We had a big fight on this. However she later understood that I was more concern about her safety while driving.

My women's team captain gave a ride to indoor court from my place. She was talking to someone while driving. We started little late from our place, so she was riding the car bit fast. I was very afraid to sit next to her. She swiftly changed the lanes while talking to people and at times it appeared as if she didn't even look forward. It was very scary to sit next her watching her reckless move while driving. While parking too she crossed the curb. I reached the court and my tennis friends all grinned and asked me did you ride with our captain. Wasn't the ride scary? I nodded my head and acknowledged that it was. Thanked god for safely reaching the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment