Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Architect's Style

First time when I talked to this person was from offshore. Initially I found this person’s tone to be very pompous. Even after meeting him in person I was not getting along with him much. I sensed his talks to be aired with high tech things. Though I am not a big fan of technology, I like to know new things from people. I maintained lots of distance with this person but fate forced me to work hand in hand with him for one of my assignment. I was little hesitant to hook with him but he treated me with full respect and showed a meekness behavior.

I slowly started getting comfortable working under him. Any meeting set for half an hour by default would extend more than an hour, as most of the time he states the history of every small implementation done in the past. He is very sharp and alert. He is extremely enthusiastic when it comes to any current affairs topic. He keeps himself up to date with new technologies. He is an amazing personality to work with.

Another learning I had from this person is he values things; he still has the 1980's calculator I guess gifted by someone in working condition. Every meeting with him teaches me new lessons. He is very speedy in finding solutions for a problem. He is hyper active, extremely accountable and reliable when it comes to project issues. Though he is in late 40's, he has an excellent memory. He enjoys his work and really appreciates very damn thing in the application.

I had taken a day off today and at around 11 A.M I had to view my office mails out of compulsion. I went through couple of chain mails flowing between my clients and architect. He has done a fabulous job in fulfilling all the needs of our clients in a very short span of time. I like my architect’s style of working, in turning out impossible things to possible within a chokepoint deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment