Monday, April 12, 2010

Registration

It all started this afternoon when one of my friends mentioned about registering my new bike. I did not believe him at first but later I had to trust him for the fact he too has a bike for quiet some time. In the evening at the tennis court when one of my friends inquired about my cycle, I again touched upon bike registration concept to him. He started to laugh and kept saying that I was fooled and there is no such thing for bikes.

I am still not sure how far things are true with regard to bike registration. But for sure there is a concept of bike registration in U.S is what I understand from the following sites:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/bike/
http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/register.html

Anyway this bike registration topic has made me, my roomies and couple other friends giggle a lot the whole afternoon, evening and night.

2 comments:

  1. Good info Ashwini. It is so weird but nice to know the registration is good for owners in case of theft.

    But the bike will be returned only if police found any bike without any owner. Police is not going to search for your bike by any means that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete