Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lucky Lindsay

I was the last one to reach the hall to have my breakfast with my favorite women tennis player. I got seated and immediately someone called my name I wasn't even sure why they called me, without bothering much I quickly ran towards them. For a second I didn't even realize what was happening, they asked me to pronounce my name in the mike I just mentioned by first name and came back to my table.

After couple of minutes someone approached me and handed me a bag and mentioned that I won one of the lucky draw prizes. I can't express how happy I was for that second. I gave a broad smile and quickly grabbed my prize. As I was very eager to know what was inside, I opened the bag the very next minute. I found two wine bottles handed over to me in a black bag. I was not sure whether I should still consider myself lucky for having wine bottles which I thought was absolutely of no use to me. Just after this incident my star Lindsay Davenport arrived. Everyone commented on her height (6.2 inch), as she was the tallest among us.

Some big wig introduced Lindsay to us and then she talked few words about herself. Later the hall was open for questions from the audience. Lindsay answered all the questions energetically and jovially. Sports personalities in general are known to be very active, confident, alert and outgoing; Lindsay undoubtedly was not an exception to those characteristics. After the Q&A session we took a group photo with Lindsay Davenport. I met few known faces in today's event and I was in a very excited state for the remaining part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment